I was recently nominated for The Liebster Award by Ms. Patricia Townsend, who runs the blog Voice From the End Of Town at http://hsmentormom.blogspot.com. The blog is about her Christian faith and life in Christ. My heartfelt appreciation goes out to her for this warm gesture, and I am really touched and humbled by it. The Liebster Award is a real award that allows bloggers to give recognition to other bloggers and encourage them to continue blogging. To qualify for this award, you must follow the rules below:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger, and link back to their blog.
- Tell 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions that the nominating blogger came up with.
- List 11 bloggers who (as far as you can tell) have 200 followers or less and you believe deserve a little recognition and encouragement to continue.
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominated to answer.
- Go to the pages of those you have nominated and tell them.
- Do NOT nominate someone who has nominated you.
I should have done all this sooner (as I had informed Ms. Patricia), but have been so busy that I haven’t had time to post as much as I would like to. Well, so much for the delay. I have to do this and do it now, so here goes:
11 Random Facts About Me
- I am the first born in a family of five kids: four girls and one boy.
- I got born again in 2004 after listening to a sermon on TBN.
- I’m happy to be single and see it as an opportunity to devote my time to seeking and serving God more (1 Corinthians 7). I don’t mind staying that way.
- I recently shaved my hair and find that it is easier for me to manage it that way.
- I would love to visit Israel sometime so as to see and experience the places and things I read about in the Bible.
- I have only been out of the country (Kenya) once in my lifetime, when I was 5 years old and accompanied my mum to the UK.
- My favorite childhood pastime was to write, read and narrate fairy tales.
- I used to be a Catholic before I got born again, and now I’m the only one in my family who is not one.
- My favorite-est snack is roasted peanuts.
- When it comes to pets, I prefer cats to dogs. I find them to be so much more graceful and elegant. Maybe this is because I grew up surrounded by as many as eight cats at a go. As I write this, there are actually eight cats in my mum’s house right now.
- I hate pessimism. I like to keep a positive outlook at all times.
Patricia’s Questions To Me
1. How long have you been blogging?
1. How long have you been blogging?
I started blogging in April last year. That is nine months ago.
2. What made you start blogging?
I started blogging so as to shine back the light that God has shone upon me in this dark world that I too was once blinded by (Matthew 28:19-20).
3. What was one of the greatest moments in your life?
When I finally understood God’s plan of salvation and got born again.
4. If you made a "bucket list", what would be #1?
Lead the whole world to Christ.
5. What's your favorite color and why?
Truth be told, I really don’t have a favorite color, but I prefer cool colors because I find them to be easier to blend and more professional-looking.
6. What season do you prefer?
7. Maserati or minivan?
8. Paris or Vegas?
9. Moonlight serenade or dinner & a movie?
10. What one thing do you wish everyone understood about you?
I do not like to dwell on the past or on the negatives. I perform better when I'm encouraged rather than picked on or torn down.
11. In 100 years, how do you want to be remembered?
As a true lover and follower of God.
My 11 Nominees
- Frank King, Frank King’s Blog: wwwefrankking.blogspot.com
- Amircar Diaz, Christian Living: http://amircarmickydiaz.blogspot.com/
- Richard Hobart, About The Master’s Business: http://www.heismyallinall.com
- Scott Lolmaugh, Do You Believe That: http://dontbeliveit.blogspot.com/
- Mel Libre, Blotfree: http://www.blotfree.com
- Carl Jones, I’d Laugh…But All This Happened To Me!: http://youthguy07.blogspot.com/
- Anthony (untonyto), Life and Times of Antony: http://antonyhimself.blogspot.com/
- Freddy Winter, Media 4 Life Ministries: http://freddywinter.blogspot.com/
- Sonam Dorji, Living Through My Thoughts: http://somdoji.blogspot.com/
- Desmond Desyboy’s Blog : http://desybo.blogspot.com/
- Krissy K, July Flame: http://krissyk-julyflame.blogspot.com/
My 11 Questions
- Why do you blog?
- What do you value the most in life?
- If you were to start your life all over again, what things if any would you do differently?
- What is your worst habit?
- What is your best way to relax?
- What is your favorite food?
- What gets on your nerves (i.e. irritates you)?
- Which human being do you admire the most?
- What is your favorite quote?
- What is your favorite TV show?
- Who is God to you?